Why join us?
Established in 1928, the Queensland Law Society is the peak professional body for the State's legal practitioners. We provide a dynamic hub for Queensland's legal community and seek to engage actively with our members and the public to provide leadership, practical solutions and reliable support.
We represent and promote more than 10,000 legal professionals, increase community understanding of the law, help protect the rights of individuals and advise the community about the many benefits solicitors can provide.
We currently employ over 100 people working across a diverse range of areas including:
- Member services & products
- Marketing & engagement
- Corporate services
- Professional standards
- Human resources
Our people are pivotal in making QLS the leading professional membership association. Our relationships with each other, with our members and with the wider community are guided by our values - respect, integrity and service. These values underpin the way we do business, helping us to reach our strategic goals.
Benefits of working at QLS
- Opportunity to advance your career.
- Opportunity to work in a strong learning and development culture.
- Full access to the range of benefits available to our members.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Provider LawCare.
- Receive up to 8 weeks paid parental leave, in addition to the Government's Paid Parental Leave Scheme.
- Salary sacrifice, ie take certain benefits such as additional voluntary superannuation contributions as 'pre-tax'.
- Team members may be able to receive paid study and examination leave.
- Active Social Club – lots of events and activities to become involved in.
Excellent opportunity for a service oriented individual who thrives on challenges and can demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills.
|Friday 31 May 2013
|Instructional Designer and Trainer
||Experienced instructional designer and trainer required to design, develop and deliver training and assessment materials, and provide support and feedback to students.
||Friday 31 May 2013
||Make your mark on Queensland's leading legal publication and develop new online advertising strategies for a key professional membership organisation.
||Monday 10 June 2013
Reporting to the Information Systems Team Leader, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the delivery of information system services to QLS staff and first level support for QLS members interacting with QLS through our website. This role is a great opportunity for a service orientated individual who thrives on challenges and can demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills.
You will be exposed to technologies such as Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange 2010, Windows 7, Office 2010, Citrix, VMWare and other enterprise level applications.
You will be involved in:
- first and second level helpdesk support to users
- routine maintenance and monitoring of the network and applications for issues
- management and installation of desktop, notebook and server systems including the development and maintenance of a SOE
- management of the Active Directory environment
- documentation of processes and policies and identification of opportunities for improvement in work practices where possible.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- tertiary qualifications in information technology or a related discipline
- previous experience with providing quality level 1 and level 2 helpdesk support
- strong technical and troubleshooting skills for problem identification and problem resolution to users of information systems
- strong time management and prioritisation skills with the ability to change focus on short notice and work within tight deadlines
- excellent knowledge of Windows 7
- sound knowledge of server, desktop, LAN and internet technologies
- experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Operating Systems (including Group Policies, Active Directory, Login Scripts)
- thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 applications (primarily Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel) and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve user issues
- demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
This is a full-time role and requires some flexibility to work out of hours when required.
If you are looking to advance your career and can demonstrate the above competencies, we would love to hear from you!
Instructional Designer and Trainer
You will be part of our Learning and Professional Development team, who are committed to being the preferred provider of learning and professional development to the Queensland legal profession.
Reporting to the Manager, Learning and Professional Development, you will work closely with subject matter experts within QLS to:
- develop and deliver nationally accredited qualification courses for legal support staff
- provide ongoing support to students, lead tutorials, assess student materials and complete student administration
- review and update training materials and apply continuous improvement to materials and processes
- support other QLS learning and professional development initiatives as required.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- formal qualifications in learning and development, including a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- experience in learning and development and delivery, preferably in the legal profession
- demonstrated competency in instructional design, i.e. content development
- demonstrated skills in designing and developing innovative or technology-based learning
- excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- significant knowledge and experience in legal matters relevant to the audience
- demonstrated high level organisational and administrative skills
- highly-developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- ability to work collaboratively and to adopt work practices that contribute to knowledge sharing
- intermediate to advanced competence with modern office technology.
This is a part-time role working 22.5 hours per week; flexible to your availability. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your instructional design and delivery expertise.
Position description: Instructional Designer and Trainer
Your new account executive role at QLS will bring great challenges:
- Build and maintain a high-calibre network of clients for print and online advertising in QLS flagship magazine Proctor, weekly QLS Update ezine and other publications.
- Devise and implement advertising strategies for the newly launched digital version of Proctor.
- Work directly with the editor to grow the magazine, which is already the ‘bible’ of the profession.
For this role, you will need significant business acumen and be passionate about client service. You will understand why professional magazines of this calibre don’t carry advertorial but you will have the creative skills to devise solutions that enable your clients to present their products and services in ways that maintain editorial integrity.
- Build and maintain an existing extensive client base of advertisers.
- Achieve monthly sales targets to meet annual budget requirements.
- Develop advertising strategies to maximise the potential of print and online opportunities.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of administration tasks.
- Deliver a high standard of client relationship management.
To succeed in this position you will ideally have:
- a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role
- proven experience in developing and nurturing positive client relationships
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- demonstrated ability to prioritise competing demands and meet deadlines
- previous experience in developing advertising strategies
- demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- a positive attitude and the self-drive to achieve business targets
- strong interpersonal skills with the ability to consult, negotiate and close sales
- a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
If you are achievement focused and enjoy working in a collaborative team to achieve results, we would love to hear from you. It is anticipated that this position will attract a salary in the range of $55 to $60k plus superannuation and potential rewards for exceeding targets.
Position description: Account Executive
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter demonstrating your ability to be effective in the role to email@example.com.
For more information about vacancies, please contact Amy Ashton, Human Resources Consultant on 07 3842 5819.