Equity & Diversity Award
Queensland Law Society’s Equity and Diversity Award is designed to recognise firms that embrace the changing nature of the profession by promoting positive firm cultures that celebrate staff diversity and accommodate lifestyle needs.
- flexible working practices that maintain work-life balance and support legal practitioners with diverse backgrounds and lifestyle requirements
- equitable recruitment, promotion and education policies
- education of diversity within the profession, including anti-discrimination legislation and harassment and bullying
- other meaningful gender, disability or ethnicity initiatives.
This is a wonderful opportunity for legal practices to demonstrate how they lead the field in best practice employment policies and build their position as an employer of choice by promoting positive internal cultures and improving their recruitment position.
This award also reinforces a positive culture within the workplace. Any non-government legal practice in Queensland, including community legal centres, can nominate.
The 2014 Equity & Diversity Large Practice Award winner was Maurice Blackburn Lawyers.
The award is an initiative of QLS’s Equalising Opportunities in the Law Committee.
Awards are presented in three categories:
- Large Practice Award – presented to a legal practice with 20 or more partners;
- Small Practice Award – presented to a legal practice with fewer than 20 partners;
- Small Practice Initiative Award – presented to a legal practice with fewer than 20 practitioners including partners, which recognises an effective and innovative initiative undertaken by a small legal practice.
For more information, please email email@example.com.