Equity & Diversity Award
Promoting a strong profession
Nominations are now open for the premier industry award for employer excellence for firms practising in Queensland.
Nominations close 5pm 29 November 2013.
Queensland Law Society’s Equity and Diversity Award is designed to recognise firms that embrace the changing nature of the profession by promoting positive firm cultures that celebrate staff diversity and accommodate lifestyle needs.
- flexible working practices that maintain work-life balance and support legal practitioners with diverse backgrounds and lifestyle requirements
- equitable recruitment, promotion and education policies
- education of diversity within the profession, including anti-discrimination legislation and harassment and bullying
- other meaningful gender, disability or ethnicity initiatives.
This is a wonderful opportunity for legal practices to demonstrate how they lead the field in best practice employment policies to build their position as an employer of choice by promoting positive internal cultures and improving their recruitment position.
Achievement of this coveted award is also a great way to reinforce a positive culture within the workplace. Any non-government legal practice in Queensland, including community legal centres, can nominate.
Awards will presented in two categories:
- Large Practice Award – presented to a legal practice with 8 or more partners or principals
- Small Practice Award – presented to a legal practice with fewer than 8 partners or principals.
The Equity and Diversity Award guidelines provide more detailed information on judging criteria to enable completion of the nomination form.
Click here to nominate
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.