Equity & Diversity Award
Promoting a strong profession
The 2014 Equity & Diversity Large Practice Award winner was Maurice Blackburn Lawyers.
Queensland Law Society’s Equity and Diversity Award is designed to recognise firms that embrace the changing nature of the profession by promoting positive firm cultures that celebrate staff diversity and accommodate lifestyle needs.
- flexible working practices that maintain work-life balance and support legal practitioners with diverse backgrounds and lifestyle requirements
- equitable recruitment, promotion and education policies
- education of diversity within the profession, including anti-discrimination legislation and harassment and bullying
- other meaningful gender, disability or ethnicity initiatives.
This is a wonderful opportunity for legal practices to demonstrate how they lead the field in best practice employment policies and build their position as an employer of choice by promoting positive internal cultures and improving their recruitment position.
Achievement of this coveted award is also a great way to reinforce a positive culture within the workplace. Any non-government legal practice in Queensland, including community legal centres, can nominate.
Awards are presented in two categories:
- Large Practice Award – presented to a legal practice with 8 or more partners or principals
- Small Practice Award – presented to a legal practice with fewer than 8 partners or principals.
Nominations for the QLS Equity and Diversity Award 2015 will open in August 2014.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.