Equity & Diversity Awards
Queensland Law Society’s Equity and Diversity Awards are designed to recognise firms that embrace the changing nature of the profession by promoting positive firm cultures that celebrate staff diversity and accommodate lifestyle needs.
- flexible working practices that maintain work-life balance and support legal practitioners with diverse backgrounds and lifestyle requirements
- equitable recruitment, promotion and education policies
- education of diversity within the profession, including anti-discrimination legislation and harassment and bullying
- other meaningful gender, disability or ethnicity initiatives.
This is a wonderful opportunity for legal practices to demonstrate how they lead the field in best practice employment policies and build their position as an employer of choice by promoting positive internal cultures and improving their recruitment position.
This award also reinforces a positive culture within the workplace. Any non-government legal practice in Queensland, including community legal centres, can nominate.
The 2015 Equity & Diversity Large Practice Award winner was Carter Newell Lawyers.
The award is an initiative of QLS’s Equalising Opportunities in the Law Committee.
Awards are presented in three categories:
- Large Legal Practice Award – applicable to legal practices with 20 or more legal practitioners, including partners;
- Small Legal Practice Award – applicable to legal practices with fewer than 20 legal practitioners, including partners;
- Small Practice Initiative Award – applicable to legal practices with fewer than 20 legal practitioners, including partners, which recognises an effective and innovative initiative undertaken by a small legal practice.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.