Adjournments of criminal reviews
14 September 2016
The following information and procedure updates the ‘Adjournments of Criminal Reviews’ pertaining to the Supreme Court Criminal List, Supreme Court of Queensland, Brisbane.
The criminal list judge will consider and determine, on the papers, applications for adjournments of criminal reviews if all of the following conditions are met:
- The application is made in writing, by email to the criminal list judge’s associate, by no later than 4pm two business days before the day set for the review.
- The email communication is copied to all parties to the proceeding.
- The application is made with the consent of all other parties.
- The proceeding has not previously been reviewed on more than three occasions since the presentation of the new Indictment.
- The application details the specific reasons for the adjournment, and a proposed date for the next review.
The criminal list judge’s associate will notify the parties as to whether the application has been granted or refused by 12 noon on the business day preceding the proposed review.
The criminal list judge’s associate’s email is email@example.com.