Calling all property and conveyancing solicitors
1 November 2017
QLS is keen to hear from members about your experiences with e-conveyancing. PEXA has been live in Queensland since mid-2015 and we would like to know what’s working, what’s not and what can be improved.
QLS would like to better understand the reasons why you do or do not use PEXA for property transfers or other transactions that are available, such as releases of mortgage.
There has been a relatively slow up-take in Queensland. The reasons are many and varied and we’d like to understand your perspective.
We are formulating a survey which we will release in the coming weeks to our members.
We encourage you to participate and provide your valuable feedback about this important issue to help us understand how QLS should represent your interests.
There are a number of strong advocates amongst our membership for e-conveyancing and there have been some recent calls for “mandating” a date by which transfers must be completed in PEXA.
However, QLS knows from member feedback received through our practice support team and our Property & Development Law Committee that there are a number of issues peculiar to Queensland which first need to be addressed.
Over the next few weeks, we ask our property and conveyancing practitioners to consider –
- If you are using PEXA, what’s working well? What benefits do you see? Is there anything which could be improved?
- If you’re not using PEXA, what concerns do you have and is there anything you would like to see changed?
- Would you use the system if you could pay transfer duty directly to OSR?
- How much of a factor is the cost of each transaction in using PEXA?
- What other factors or exclusions affect your ability or willingness to use PEXA?
- In your experience, are your colleagues in other firms registering for PEXA?
- What do you need to know before you will be convinced to use PEXA?
- Would you like to see the use of PEXA mandated by government?
We will announce the survey in QLS Update in coming weeks and we look forward to your participation.