Scorecard a first for the profession
27 November 2013
The Access to Justice Scorecard provides an assessment of the workings of our legal system including the fairness of our laws, dispute resolution, Queenslanders’ access to legal help and the capacity of our access to justice system.
Overall, the results demonstrate that:
- Queensland solicitors embrace efficient low cost options for access to justice, through strong support for alternative dispute resolution and effective, accessible tribunals
- access to justice could be improved by:
- reintroducing (or introducing more) specialist or diversionary courts and services
- expanding the self-representation civil law service into every court in Queensland
- providing more women’s legal services for family law issues
- there is a need for better coordination among government, community legal centres, private practitioners and pro bono practitioners to address unmet legal need .
The scorecard includes specific examples of what is working in our justice system, what isn’t and potential solutions for positive change.
This year’s scorecard will form the baseline for future annual survey results.
Contact email@example.com or phone 1300 367 757 for more information.