We are hiring! Senior Trust Account Investigator
7 January 2013
The Queensland Law Society (QLS) is the leading professional body for legal practitioners, representing more than 10,000 members state-wide. Our aim is to be the profession’s trusted advisor through providing quality advice, advocacy and learning and professional development for our members.
As a Senior Trust Account Investigator, you will work with a team of professionals to undertake trust account investigations within law practices to assess a firm’s compliance with the legislative requirements in the Legal Profession Act 2007. This position also plays a vital role in educating the profession on sound trust accounting practices.
You will be responsible for:
- undertaking investigations into the affairs of law practices to establish whether trust money has been applied in accordance with clients’ instructions
- preparing reports on findings from trust account investigations
- responding to queries from law practices regarding legislative requirements of law practices in regard to trust accounts.
We are looking for a positive team player who can demonstrate the following competencies:
- tertiary qualifications in accounting or commerce with CPA or CA qualification
- at least four years’ experience in accounting or auditing with a sound knowledge of contemporary accounting and financial auditing practices and principles
- an understanding of, or the ability to rapidly acquire an understanding of the Legal Profession Act 2007 and the legislative requirements in relation to law practice trust accounts
- an ability to examine legal accounting records and client files to ascertain whether client funds have been properly dealt with
- high level written and oral communication skills which you are able to utilise in the preparation of complex reports and to educate and guide others
- effective organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work to regular, tight deadlines
- sound abilities in the use of modern office technology and the MS Office Suite 2010.
This is a full-time parental leave cover role for approximately 11 months, concluding in December 2013, or earlier. Comprehensive training will be provided on your commencement in addition to ongoing support from the team.
If you are looking for a new focus to hone your trust accounting and investigative skills, we would love to hear from you.
Apply online now!