Queensland Law Society President’s Medal
The 2013 President’s Medal was awarded to veteran succession and accident compensation lawyer and pro bono champion Gerry Murphy at the Legal Profession Dinner on 22 February 2013.
Learn more about this year’s winner
About the President's Medal
Celebrating ‘Leadership in Law’ among the state’s practitioners, this special award recognises:
- contribution; and
- outstanding performance.
Selected by a panel comprising the incumbent President, Deputy and Vice President of the Society, the recipient is required to be of high standing in the Queensland legal profession and have made a significant contribution in one of the following fields:
- community access to justice; and/or
- Queensland or national legal policy or legislation which delivers significant benefits to Queenslanders; and/or
- significant service or support to Queensland solicitors; and/or
- upholding the rule of law; and/or
- the administration of justice in Queensland.
The past, present and continuing contributions and achievements spanning the course of the person’s career are taken into account.
Nominations open at 9am 14 October 2013 and close at 5pm 29 November 2013.