Queensland Law Society President’s Medal
The 2014 President’s Medal was awarded to John Sneddon of Shand Taylor Lawyers at the Legal Profession Dinner on 22 February 2013.
Mr Sneddon received the award for his dedication to pro bono work and compassion in assisting clients in an international criminal trial.
A transcript of his speech can be accessed here.
About the President's Medal
Celebrating ‘Leadership in Law’ among the state’s practitioners, this special award recognises:
- contribution; and
- outstanding performance.
Selected by a panel comprising the incumbent President, Deputy and Vice President of the Society, the recipient is required to be of high standing in the Queensland legal profession and have made a significant contribution in one of the following fields:
- community access to justice; and/or
- Queensland or national legal policy or legislation which delivers significant benefits to Queenslanders; and/or
- significant service or support to Queensland solicitors; and/or
- upholding the rule of law; and/or
- the administration of justice in Queensland.
The past, present and continuing contributions and achievements spanning the course of the person’s career are taken into account.