Associate membership is open to Australian lawyers who are not legal practitioners; barristers; and to people with other appropriate qualifications or experience. This may also include employees of a law firm, academics or former solicitors.
Why become a member?
Queensland Law Society represents more than 90% of the state’s solicitors. It is the voice of the legal profession in Queensland for appropriate and robust legislative processes, access to justice and for professional standards.
The practice of law is not just a business; it is a community of responsible lawyers with practical wisdom working towards a common goal – upholding the rule of law and ensuring the community has the opportunity to be represented.
As an associate member of Queensland Law Society, you will have access to updates in changes to legislation and policy, to professional development activities, to opportunities to contribute through the work of committees and to a network of legal practitioners.
Associate member benefits
- Proctor magazine online subscription
- QLS Update weekly enewsletter
- save 10% on registration for conferences, seminars and webinars
- discounts on a range of publications and digital resources
- discounted advertising rates in the Society’s publications and venue hire
- access to our range of leisure, lifestyle and personal finance services
- access to members’ lounge and facilities
- access to the Supreme Court Library and research services
- online access to an extensive range of practice management support materials.