Enhanced Access to the Brisbane Law Courts
Queensland Law Society members can apply for Brisbane Law Courts Complex access cards. Initiated by the Society and the Bar Association of Queensland, and endorsed by the Supreme and District Courts, the court access card saves you time providing quick, hassle-free access to the complex without the need to be screened by security.
Law firms may now also apply for access cards for all relevant staff.
If you’re an individual practitioner:
- Complete the application form, and scan and email it to email@example.com.
- Membership with Queensland Law Society will be verified and the application forwarded to Queensland Courts.
- A confirmation email from Queensland Law Society will be sent once the application has been received by Queensland Courts. Applicants will be asked to contact Security at the courts and arrange a time to visit the Supreme and District Court Security Desk.
- When visiting the Security Desk each applicant’s photo will be taken for identification. They will also need to sign the Terms and Conditions of use and pay the $10.00/card fee.
- The Security Desk will contact you to advise when your cards are available for collection.
For all relevant staff in a law firm:
- Applicants complete the application forms (10 or more).
- Forms grouped, scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Membership with Queensland Law Society will be verified and applications forwarded to Queensland Courts.
- A confirmation email from Queensland Law Society will be sent to the sender of the forms once the applications have been received by Queensland Courts. This person will be asked to contact Security.
- The sender of the forms and Security/Court Staff organise a time for Security to attend the law firm to take photo IDs of the applicants.
- Payment can be made at step 4 by phone or via cheque when photo IDs are taken.
- Security/Court staff finalise the access cards that are sent to the law firm.