Queensland Law Society (QLS) offers guidance and assistance to members in a number of areas as below, either by phone, email, or if appropriate face-to-face.
Note: Queensland Law Society (QLS) does not, cannot and should not be perceived as giving legal, structuring or financial advice.
- All aspects of professional conduct and solicitors ethics, including conflicts, confidentiality, client capacity, confidentiality and privilege, duties to the court, liens, advertising rules, costs compliance, file destruction and more.
- QLS has a comprehensive online resources for ethics related issues that is available for you to access.
- For ethics guidance or support, please call 3842 5843 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Free legal & management advice
Queensland Law Society (QLS) provides access to a free, confidential legal advice service for members who are the subject of a complaint investigation or trust account matter.
QLS Senior Counsellors are available to advise practitioners on any professional or ethical problem. This allows members under investigation to seek expert advice free of charge for up to three hours from an experienced solicitor with extensive knowledge of professional standards issues.
- Practice management queries including the Practice Management Course, practice structures and ILPs, appropriate management systems, setting up practice, client service, costs and billing best practice, marketing and business development, supervision arrangements and more.
- QLS have a comprehensive practice management resource bank available online for you to access.
- For practice support please call 3842 5843 or email email@example.com
- QLS have a range of trust accounting resources available online for you to access.
- To learn more about the legislative and operational requirements of administering a trust account, or if you require additional support, please contact us and ask for the Trust Account Investigations team.
Practising certificate & regulatory advice
- Information concerning practice and individual obligations and status with respect to practising certificates, QLS membership, professional indemnity insurance, the Practice Management Course, practice changes and more.
- For practising certificate and regulatory guidance or support, please contact us and ask for the Records and Member Services.
- Lexon Insurance provides advice on risk management arrangements, queries in relation to your professional indemnity coverage or to notify or seek guidance on risks.
- Call 07 3007 1266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.