This valuable resource is available to you at the Supreme Court in Brisbane’s CBD, and regional locations. View the website (www.sclqld.org.au/about-us/contact-us/) for a complete list of locations.
Queensland Law Society member benefits include:
- up to 30 minutes free research assistance a day
- up to 10 documents supplied a day
- after hours library access (when registered)
- remote access to a selection of online databases
- onsite access to our comprehensive range of online subscription services.
Virtual Legal Library (VLL)
The Supreme Court Library Queensland has negotiated with several major legal publishers to expand the range of online legal resources to be made available remotely at no cost to sole practitioners or micro firms through the Virtual Legal Library (VLL).
These resources from leading suppliers such as CCH, LexisNexis and Thomson Reuters include key online publications in the areas of civil, criminal and family law. Among the 138 titles available in VLL are Australian Criminal Reports, Australian Corporation Law, Australian Family Law and Practice, Carter's Criminal Law Queensland, Civil Procedure Queensland, Commonwealth Law Reports, Expert Evidence, and Motor Vehicle Law Queensland.
For further information on the VLL including eligibility and support, please refer to the Supreme Court Library Queensland information sheet.
View the full list of VLL resources.
Online catalogue and request
You can submit requests for document delivery or research by completing the relevant form:
- Document Delivery form for requests where specific citation information is provided.
- Research Request form for requests requiring more general searches.
The Supreme Court Library is a highly-valued resource for QLS Members conveniently located in the Brisbane CBD. But there is often no need to visit the library in person, as members can search the catalogue and submit requests straight from this section of the QLS website.
QLS Members are also able to search SCQL's online catalogue and search the Proctor index.