Legal Business Monitor
Performance benchmarks and strategic advice for Queensland law firms
The Legal Business Monitor is a practice support tool specifically developed for Queensland law firms.
With access to a practical online benchmarking application, you will have essential performance tools at your fingertips throughout the financial year.
For more information visit the Legal Business Monitor online tool.
Subscribe online, complete the attached registration form, or contact FMRC to discuss how the tool can benefit your practice: FMRC, 02 9262 3377 / email@example.com
Improve profit and performance
Legal Business Monitor gives you access to critical law firm management tools. You will be able to:
- compare your firm’s performance against that of your peers
- measure the productivity of your fee-earners
- compare your firm’s charge rates, salaries and budgets against those of your peers
- access facts and data daily to help with business planning and budgeting
- follow practical strategies to improve profits and performance
- improve your profits by making incremental changes to hourly rates, personnel structure or chargeable hours.
Download a recording and/or presentation slides from LAWASIA’s Law Management Section webinar, Using Performance Benchmarks to Maximise Your Opportunities, presented by Sam Coupland of FMRC and focusing on the Legal Business Monitor.
The application supports your practice by giving you access to vital information and strategies. Improve your profits and performance with:
- an instant, comprehensive report addressing factors impacting your firm’s performance
- a web teleconference or consultation with FMRC consultants to discuss your survey results and appropriate strategies
- an export to Excel function enabling you to personalise your report
- the ability to select benchmarks appropriate for your firm
- a comprehensive salary and charge rate application to assess salaries, budgets, productivity and charge rates for all your fee earners
- a scenario modelling capability to conduct ‘what if’ analysis on your firm, helping you to improve strategic planning
- access to applications when you need them and the ability to generate reports as often as you like
- new data releases every six months
- an easy to complete online application.
Legal Business Monitor
- Benchmarking application with benchmarks appropriate for firms with turnover of less than $1.5m
- Salary, productivity and charge rate application.
|Cost to QLS members (inc GST)
|Cost to non-members
Legal Business Monitor Plus
- Benchmarking application with benchmarks appropriate for firms with turnover greater than $1.5m
- Salary, productivity and charge rate application
- Data review, web-teleconference and scenario modelling
Note: these fees are current as at June 2012
FMRC has delivered comparative benchmark surveys and strategic advice for over 30 years to national law firms, mid-sized boutique practices, progressive small firms and government. By combining their research capability with consulting expertise, they’ve become the industry’s advisor of choice and earned a reputation for delivering proactive performance measurement and improvement strategies.
Profit improvement guarantee
FMRC believe that the improvements resulting from implementing Legal Business Monitor strategic recommendations will recoup your firm’s registration cost by a factor greater than 10. If FMRC cannot identify improvement opportunities of this magnitude, they will return the registration fee to your firm.