Applications for deferment or exemption
The two main types of applications are:
- deferment of the PMC for a period of time (which allows you to obtain a Principal Practising Certificate on the understanding that you will complete the next suitable course)
- exemption from undertaking the PMC, or part thereof. This is mainly utilised by interstate and overseas practitioners wanting to ‘transfer’ their Principal Practising Certificates on a mutual recognition basis. Please note completion of an interstate PMC is not an immediate grounds for exemption.
Download the PMC application for deferment/exemption form.
All applications are to be sent to QLS’s Records and Member Services Team with the appropriate forms and supporting documentation attached. They can be sent in hard copy or, alternatively, emailed to email@example.com.
Applications will be processed within 10 business days of receipt of all relevant documentation.
Applications for deferment will incur an administration fee of $220 (including GST).
Note that all applications are assessed on an individual basis. Also be aware that QLS conducts a number of standard checks before approving your application (audit, insurance and complaints). If you have been subject to any complaints or insurance claims, these should be provided in your statutory declaration.
Please refer to the Important Notice to Applicant form before submitting an application. Documents to be submitted are:
- completed application form
- statutory declaration
- undertaking (this may form part of your statutory declaration)
- letter of partnership offer from your firm (if applicable)
- any supporting documentation such as Certificates of Admission, resume, copies of practising certificates (of particular importance if applying for a full exemption based on mutual recognition).