Legal support staff qualifications
Queensland Law Society (QLS), in a strategic partnership with Major Training Group (RTO 6139), is now offering the following nationally-accredited qualifications for legal support staff:
Both qualifications are nationally accredited under the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF).
In order to obtain the qualifications, students are required to complete units as follows:
- Certificate IV in Legal Services- total of 12 units (8 core and 4 elective) within 24 months (full-time employees)
- Diploma of Legal Services - total of 10 units (4 core and 6 elective) within 36 months (full-time employees)
Prerequisites & enrolment
The aim of these courses is to provide students with the skills and knowledge to provide support in a range of legal service settings.
There are no entry requirements for these qualifications. Courses are delivered in a self-study format, primarily in the form of reading materials with review exercises, plus formal assessment exercises.
Students may enrol on a full or part-time basis, as well as enrol in individual units. Course start dates are not fixed so students are able to begin at any time. As there are no physical classes, students are able to undertake these courses regardless of their location.
Benefits for support staff
- Gain formal qualifications to back up your work experience
- Training allows you to take on greater responsibility and increases your value in an organisation
- Being well trained and competent in your role increases job satisfaction
- If you are eligible for federal funding, there are zero costs involved in undertaking the course.
Benefits for firms
- Legal support staff provide critical administration and business support to law practices
- Empowered support staff boost productivity and raise the overall performance of a firm
- Well trained staff provide better customer service and can bolster a firm’s competitive advantage.
Course costs are $4,000 (plus GST) per student. Eligible students may receive federal funding under the Australian Traineeship program. For more information refer to the MEGT website, our partner Australian Apprenticeship Centre.
Fees for individual units will be advised on request.
For further information or to enrol, please contact Josephine Webb on (07) 3842 5888 or email@example.com.