This page contains a variety of resources relating to costs between solicitor and client: disclosure, costs agreements, billing, the court assessment process, practice management and profitability issues, prescribed interest rates for unpaid costs, securing costs, overcharging, disciplinary cases, charging disbursements, personal injury costs and the 50% rule in speculative personal injury matters, criminal law costs, family law matters, barristers’ fees.
QLS Guides and Guidelines
Queensland Supreme Court Library resources
- Quick on Costs (please contact the library on 3247 4373).
- Document Delivery and Research Requests. QLS members can make document delivery and legal research requests through the QLS website.
- G E Dal Pont Lawyers’ Professional Responsibility (2012)
- Chapter 14: Costs Disclosure and Costs Agreements
- Chapter 15: Recovery of Costs from Clients
(Available from Supreme Court Library using above link. Please be advised that, under Copyright legislation, Libraries are only able to supply one chapter per text.)
Guidance on costs issues is available from QLS Ethics Solicitors on 3842 5843 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Queensland Law Society is pleased to release QLS Guidance Statement No.2 – Ongoing Costs Disclosure. Developed for the profession, QLS Guidance Statements set out our position on a particular subject, and set out a statement of a solicitor’s responsibilities in that subject area.