2019 Legal Profession Breakfast
Thursday 14 November 2019 | 7-9am
Brisbane City Hall, Main Auditorium, King George Square
Please join us at the 2019 Legal Profession Breakfast in support of Women’s Legal Service.
The keynote address at this highly anticipated annual event is Arman Abrahimzadeh OAM. Arman is a passionate advocate against domestic violence and the co-founder of the Zahra Foundation Australia.
All proceeds from the event help Women’s Legal Service Queensland to provide free legal and welfare assistance to women and their children who experience domestic violence.
This event is now fully-booked. Contact the QLS Events Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
Dame Quentin Bryce Domestic Violence Prevention Advocate Award
Nominations are now closed and the inaugural winner will be announced at the Legal Profession Breakfast. The Dame Quentin Bryce Domestic Violence Prevention Advocate Award recognises the contribution, commitment and professionalism of a Queensland legal practitioner who has worked tirelessly to prevent violence against women.
Finalists for the award are:
- Samantha Kelley, Principal Solicitor, North Queensland Women's Legal Service
- Katherine Kerr, Social Worker, Legal Aid Queensland
- Chrissy Leontios, Principal Lawyer, CLEON Legal and Mediation Services
- Kelli Martin, Principal Solicitor, KLM Solicitors
- Sharell O'Brien, Coordinator, Domestic Violence Resource Service, Mackay Domestic and Family Violence High Risk Team
- Catherine Pereira, Solicitor, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women's Legal services NQ
- Robert Reed OAM, Special Counsel, MinterEllison
- Kathleen Simpson, Solicitor, DV Lawyer
The 2019 Legal Profession Breakfast would not be possible without the support of our major sponsors:
Queensland Law Society, Bar Association of Queensland, Gadens, Auscript, Law In Order, Konica Minolta, Results Legal, Peppercorn Recruitment, The Colin Biggers and Paisley Foundation, DLA Piper, the Lord Mayor’s Charitable Trust and Calm Assist.
Table sponsors so far include Allens, Ashurst, BarryNilsson, Clayton Utz, Corrs Chambers Westgarth, DWF, Hall Payne Lawyers, Herbert Smith Freehills, Hopgood Ganim, KLM Solicitors, KPMG, King & Wood Mallesons, Leishman Legal, McInnes Wilson, Minter Ellison, Norton Rose Fulbright, Shine Lawyers, The College of Law and Thomson Geer. If you would like to sponsor a table contact Natalie Davidson on 0434 106 629 or email@example.com.