2020 QLS Future Leaders Committee election
Election results announced
Voting has closed on Friday 23 Oct 2020. To see the results of the 2020 QLS Future Leaders Committee election, please click here.
We congratulate and recognise all candidates and thank the membership for participating and making this inaugural election a huge success. We look forward to watching the great work of this new Committee unfold over the next two years.
Office bearers for the 2021 Future Leaders Committee have been elected. To learn more and view their latest profiles, please visit the FLC page.
Who is eligible to run for and vote in the FLC election?
All full members of QLS who are either 35 years old or below or have less than 5 years PAE at the time of voting are eligible to vote in the committee election.
To nominate you need to be either 35 years old or below or have less than 5 years PAE as of 31 December 2022. This ensures the Future Leaders fulfil the eligibility requirements during the two year term. Not sure what you need to do about the election right now? Click here to find out.
- Be a full member or update your member details by: 9am AEST Friday 11 September 2020
- Close of the Roll of Electors: 9am AEST Monday 14 September 2020
- Notice of Election and nominations open: Monday 14 September 2020
- Eligible Nominees names published in order of date received: From Monday 14 September 2020
- Nominations close: 4pm AEST Wednesday 30 September 2020
- Publication of all running nominees' profiles, in the order drawn by electronic lot: From Thursday 1 October 2020
- Voting opens: Friday 9 October 2020
- Voting closes: 4pm AEST Friday 23 October 2020
- Results announced: From Monday 26 October 2020
Nominating in our inaugural FLC election is your opportunity to be part of something bigger—a stepping stone to leadership opportunities to advocate on behalf of your peers and yourself and help shape the future of the legal profession.
If elected, you will play a critical role in setting QLS’ future leaders strategic direction, gain a unique opportunity to interact with like-minded peers and be actively involved in recognising and advancing future leaders through awards and working with QLS policy committee and external stakeholders. Being a committee member also opens doors for you to build leadership skills and allows you to participate in high profile events and forums which can extend your reputation and influence.
Voting is key to activating the democratic process. QLS wants to ensure the profession is adequately represented; to give the future of the profession a platform to voice their opinions and shape the future of the legal profession.
The 2020 Future Leaders Committee election is your chance to directly influence a changing legal profession and landscape.
Your voice, your future.
Looking for more information?
For more information on the Roll of Electors, nominations, voting or the election announcement, contact: