2019 QLS Council election starts on 9 September
7 August 2019
Help shape the QLS Council in 2020–21. The first phase of the election—nominations for the 2020 QLS Council roles of President, Deputy President, Vice President and Councillors—will open on 9 September. Only full members on the Roll of Electors as of 9am AEST Monday 9 September are eligible to stand for election, vote and nominate candidates. To be on the Roll please ensure your contact details, especially your email address, are up to date on the QLS member database before this date.
The Council plays a pivotal role in leadership, governance and strategy by setting the strategic direction, approving plans, budgets, major projects and expenditure, and generally overseeing the affairs of the Society.
Nominating is your opportunity to be part of something bigger—to make a difference. If elected, you will play a critical role in advancing good law, good lawyers, for the public good.
We encourage all practitioners, from all around the state, from all practice areas and PAEs to nominate and, most importantly, to vote in this year’s election.
Whether you intend to nominate for a position on Council or vote to ensure the best representation for Council, QLS welcomes your contribution.
Remember, only full members on the Roll of Electors can take part in this election. To ensure your membership details are correct and up to date, contact Records and Member Services on 1300 367 757 or email email@example.com before the close of the Roll.
- Close of the Roll of Electors: 9am AEST Monday 9 September 2019
- Notice of election: Monday 9 September 2019
- Nominations open: Monday 9 September 2019
- Nominations close: 4pm AEST Tuesday 24 September 2019
- Eligible nominees published in order of date received: From Monday 9 September 2019
- Eligible nominees’ campaign period begins: From Monday 9 September 2019
- Voting opens: Wednesday 9 October 2019
- Voting closes: 4pm AEST Thursday 24 October 2019
- Results announced: From Friday 25 October 2019
An information session for members wishing to learn more about standing for election, voting and nominating candidates can be viewed via Facebook Premiere at 4pm on Thursday 15 August.
Alternatively visit the qls.com.au/councilelection for more information.