QLS 2011/12 strategic plan – a blueprint for member service
23 August 2011
Queensland Law Society’s 2011/12 strategic plan has just been released, providing a blueprint for future member service.
The plan outlines the Society’s goals, how we intend to achieve them and how we will gauge success. It is available in a one-page at-a-glance format or you can access the full plan.
Much of the thinking behind the objectives and activities was informed by recent member research that highlighted what members like, what they need and where they don’t want us to focus.
With this in mind, in 2011/12 Queensland Law Society commits to our vision of becoming the leading legal professional membership association in Australia.
- maximise benefits to be gained from the National Legal Profession Reform
- advance member interests by focusing on services they have nominated as holding the most value for them: Advocacy, Ethics, a competency based Learning and Development Framework and Practice Support
- be ‘business fit’ in all our operations, and structure the organisation so it best delivers services for our members
- ensure we have the right people in the right roles, sharing our client-focused, service-oriented values
- provide superior value to our members by efficiently delivering quality products and services.
There are some exciting activities coming up for members this financial year including:
- electronic voting in Council elections for more convenient participation for all members
- launch of QLS into the social media sphere for dynamic interaction with members and Society stakeholders
- an improved website enabling members to better service their needs
- a national first in a new competency-based Learning and Development Framework that will support law firms with staff retention, talent management and succession, and career planning.
We look forward to delivering against this plan in 2011/12 to better support our members. For more information on the strategic plan: