State budget 2012-13 highlights
12 September 2012
Yesterday's State budget delivered both savings and cost increases across the legal industry.
- Changes to court diversion programs and referrals producing savings of $5 million for Government.
- An increase in Titles lodgement fees by $15.
- Introduction of a $15,000 First Home Owners Construction Grant and phasing out of the existing First Home Owners Grant.
- Increases to coal royalties.
- An increase in the top marginal rate for transfer duty.
- Legal Aid Queensland also expects to increase fees to private lawyers for sessional duty lawyer services and domestic violence grants of aid by 10 per cent.
Access a copy of the budget highlights.