Legal policy reform - have your say
3 October 2018
Practitioners are invited to provide their opinions and feedback as Queensland Law Society policy committees prepare the following submissions.
QLS is providing feedback to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) on the Consumer Data Right Rules Framework. The ACCC is seeking feedback from consumers, businesses and community organisations on its position and approach to establishing the rules for the CDR (Consumer Data Right). Background information is available here. Please provide your feedback before COB Wednesday 3 October 2018.
QLS is providing feedback to the State Development, Natural Resources and Agricultural Industry Development Committee on the Economic Development and Other Legislation Amendment Bill 2018. The Bill proposes to:
- amend the Building Queensland Act 2015
- amend the Economic Development Act 2012 (ED Act) and other Acts consequential to the operation of the ED Act
- amend the Planning Act 2016
- amend the Planning and Environment Court Act 2016
- amend the Queensland Reconstruction Authority Act 2011
- amend the Sanctuary Cove Resort Act 1985
- amend the South Bank Corporation Act 1989
- repeal the Southern Moreton Bay Islands Development Entitlements Protection Act 2004.
More information is available here. Please provide your feedback before COB Monday 8 October 2018.