Lexon board position: Call for expressions of interest
22 January 2019
Lexon Insurance Pte Ltd (Lexon) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Queensland Law Society and captive insurer for the profession. The company is registered in Singapore and subject to the Singaporean Regulatory Authority. In addition, Lexon benchmarks its operations against APRA requirements in terms of capital adequacy and risk management.
Lexon’s Constitution provides for the Society to nominate directors to the Lexon Board.
The desired attributes of the QLS nominees should include:
- Senior level experience in commercial insurance
- Understanding of commercial insurance market operations
- Commercial litigation experience
- A broad knowledge and experience of legal practice in Queensland
- A strong network within the Australian legal profession
- Knowledge and experience in financial services, in particular in insurance and reinsurance
- Risk Management experience (cyber risk, corporate and relating to legal services)
- Knowledge and skills in investment, financial matters, accounting and actuarial services
- Marketing, business and strategic development experience (not limited to the provision of legal services)
- Previous Board experience, business experience and acumen including an understanding of the parent/subsidiary company dynamic
- Corporate Governance knowledge and experience, experience in strategy as well as the ability to coach and mentor senior management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical lateral thinking and innovation skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- The time available to attend Board Meetings – at a minimum of 1-2 days per month – for the Claims Committee, availability at call to provide assistance and advice on the management of claims
- Knowledge and experience relating to the application of information technology to financial accounting and records management
- Understanding Queensland statutory authority requirements
- It is expected the nominee would gain a thorough understanding of Lexon’s Underwriting, Claims and Risk Management Policies and Procedures.
Lexon Director appointments attract Directors Fees.
QLS members interested in nominating for the position of QLS nominee to the Board of Lexon are asked to do so by emailing email@example.com by 8am Thursday 31 January 2019.
QLS promotes diversity and inclusion and encourages all members with the requisite skills and experience to apply.
Expressions of Interest will be considered by Council.