QLS to extend free legal advice panel
30 May 2018
QLS is extending the reach of its Free Legal Advice Panel to the Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Rockhampton, Townsville and Cairns.
When a member is the subject of a complaint to the Legal Services Commissioner or an adverse trust account investigation report, the Society provides them with six hours of free legal advice.
The Society has a panel of solicitors to provide this service on its behalf at an hourly rate. Lexon Insurance provides further assistance over and above the six hours of free advice and the members of the Free Legal Advice Panel form Lexon’s panel for that.
The Society wishes to appoint solicitors in the Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Rockhampton, Townsville and Cairns to the Panel. Such a solicitor must:
- have an unblemished record of professional conduct
- have practised as a solicitor or barrister for at least 15 years
- have practised as a sole practitioner, partner, legal practitioner director or senior associate of a law practice for at least five years
- have substantial experience in litigation, criminal law or professional conduct disciplinary proceedings
- be a member of the Society.
Interested solicitors are invited to submit applications to the Society by 20 June 2018. Members will be appointed to the panel by the Council of the Queensland Law Society.
Enquiries should be referred to Professional Leadership general manager Craig Smiley, email@example.com.