Requesting your feedback – Redeveloping the REIQ contract templates
21 March 2018
QLS has engaged a consultant, with expertise in Microsoft Word, to update the Microsoft Word documents that comprise the suite of joint REIQ/QLS contracts offered to our members.
From time to time, our members contact us with technical and formatting issues that we have not been able to resolve, often due to ‘legacy’ issues from previous versions of the contract documents.
Our consultant will rebuild these contracts in Microsoft Word to modernise the formatting and reduce the risk of technical issues when interacting with our members’ many and varied document systems.
This is not a review of the standard contract terms and conditions but purely a technological review.
We need to hear from you to make sure this reformatting process is as beneficial as possible. Please send through any technical or formatting issues and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration as part of this process by Friday 6 April 2018.
QLS is aware of the following issues to be considered as part of this review:
- margin and footer issues
- allowing space for tailored execution blocks and clauses
- allowing space for automatically generated document numbers in a footer
- considering options for annexure page/s
- formatting to be appropriate to .docx and .doc
- ensuring tick boxes and radio boxes work
- enabling tabs to be used for fields
- interaction with LEAP document management software.
This is an exciting project which we hope will significantly improve our members’ use of these contracts.