Enhanced Access to the Brisbane Law Courts
Queensland Law Society members can apply for Brisbane Law Courts Complex access cards. Initiated by the Society and the Bar Association of Queensland, and endorsed by the Supreme and District Courts, the court access card saves you time providing quick, hassle-free access to the complex without the need to be screened by security.
Brisbane Law Courts Complex access cards are only available for full or honorary members of the Queensland Law Society (QLS).
Court identification cards
Court ID cards are suspended until further notice. Protective Services are closed and will not be taking and issuing photos for ID cards.
If you’re an individual practitioner:
- Applicant logs on to myQLS and clicks on Court ID Cards.
- Applicant pays the $30.00 fee.
- Applicant will be emailed confirming the application has been processed and when they can attend Protective Services, a barcode will also be included in the email. Please note: barcode will expire after 3 months.
- Applicant attends Protective Services, Level 6 Makerston House, 30 Makerston Street, Brisbane to have their photo taken between the hours of 9am and 10am, Monday to Thursday.
- When visiting Protective Services, have your printed barcode with you. Each applicant's ID will be verified by showing a driver's licence or passport and their photo will be taken for identification.
- Court ID card will be ready for applicant to take away shortly after their photo is taken.