As a full member of QLS you will enjoy exclusive benefits, services and support.
Whether you are commencing you legal career, looking to carve out a professional niche for yourself, or focusing on building your practice and profile, we are here to support you with the right advice, resources and networks.
There are many benefits to enjoy!
We offer varied opportunities for you to connect with your profession and the community.
Stay anchored to the profession with opportunities to network and socialise, build your practice and personal profile, steer the course of the profession or learn from others.
- Vote or nominate in our bi-annual Council election
- Early Career Lawyers can also vote and nominate in our bi-annual Future Leaders Committee election
- Apply to be listed on our community solicitor referral list or locum register to build your practice or take a well-earned break
- Identify as belonging to the peak body with professional use of the QLS Member Logo
- Apply to join one of our 28 policy committees or our working groups or membership committees
- Free and discounted social and networking events across the state, throughout the year
- Showcase your expertise and passion by presenting topics through our education programs
- Free access to our the Law Society House members’ lounge and facilities and 50% discount on room hire for mediations, meetings and other events
Being a lawyer can present unique challenges and pressures. We understand these profound challenges.
Our services help you to find balance, manage workplace challenges and lead a healthy life.
We reward your hard work, sacrifice and commitment.
Your commitment to QLS and your profession won’t go unnoticed, in varying ways and at various times we’ll recognise your achievements.
- Pin ceremony and honorary membership for those celebrating 25 and 50 years as a member
- Discounted tickets to the annual QLS Legal Profession Dinner that celebrates the whole Queensland profession
- Be nominated for a QLS award
- Member profiles and judiciary appointments published across our social media channels and digital publications
- Access great discounts on a range of travel, auto, lifestyle, fitness, electronics and more through our Member Rewards program
We actively work for good law, for the public good.
With an ever-changing political, social and legal landscape, we offer a professional voice when matters of legal policy and reform arise. We also champion diversity and reconciliation.
Some of the ways we do this is through our:
We provide varied cover and regulation to ensure you continue to work.
Members, their practices and the profession in general are protected with legal profession insurance and QLS regulation of the profession.
We’re here to help you navigate your way to a solution.
QLS offers ethical guidance, practice support and information for the profession. Rest assured you will be supported with an array of guidance.
We ensure our members are the first to know about changes in the law.
Knowing first helps you to identify opportunities, manage risks and provide better advice for your clients. We communicate with you through timely channels like our digital publications and social media.
We make it easy for you to choose how you want to learn and when you want to learn.
Whether you are an early career lawyer who is wanting skills to use immediately or a leader who is ready to take the leap into a business management role, we offer programs that are specifically designed to suit your career-stage circumstances.