Queensland State Election
2017 Call to Parties Statement
Queensland Law Society represents over 11,000 solicitors across the state and is the peak professional membership body for solicitors. We advocate for good law and support good lawyers in Queensland.
On behalf of the Queensland legal profession, Queensland Law Society is calling on Queensland’s political parties in 2017 to consider and respond to the following priority issues identified by our members.
- Queensland’s law reform process
- Judicial commission for Queensland
- Access to justice in Queensland
- Court resourcing
- Criminal law in Queensland
- Children’s law in Queensland
- Family and domestic violence matters
- Rights of small business and property owners
- Access to fair compensation schemes in Queensland
- Consumer protection for Queenslanders
Download the 2017 Call to Parties Statement
How to get involved
Members interested in these issues are encouraged to contact their local State member.
We welcome your comments and feedback to QLS Advocacy, email@example.com.