6. Children’s law in Queensland
Queensland Law Society has advocated for better treatment of children and young people in our legal system through our submission work and our policy position paper on children and young people’s issues.
Queensland Law Society calls for a commitment:
- To introduce measures to secure young people’s privacy and confidentiality when adult matters are being heard at the same time and in the same location as Childrens Court matters
- To maintain the current protections for children and young people under the Youth Justice Act 1992
- To decriminalise children and young people in the child protection system
- To implement a transparent and accessible complaints mechanism in the child protection system.
Queensland State Election - 2017 Call to Parties Statement
Download the 2017 Call to Parties Statement