2019 Call to Parties Statement
5. Consumer protection and protection for employees
Queensland Law Society is committed to working with the federal government to protect the rights of consumers and the rights of employees.
Queensland Law Society calls for a commitment to:
- adequately resource regulators, particularly the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission to enable its enforcement program to be carried out, which includes the ability to take action against Australian Consumer Law and other consumer law breaches
- work towards consistent regulation of credit products and unify e-disclosure across the National Credit Code, the Corporations Act 2001 and the E-payments Code
- require credit-repair organisations to become members of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority
- restore the resources previously provided to the Fair Work Ombudsman, and maintain appropriate funding, so that it is able to investigate claims and assist workers.
Back to Federal Election 2019