Queensland Law Society (QLS) offers guidance and assistance to members in a number of areas as below, either by phone, email, or if appropriate face-to-face.
Note: Queensland Law Society (QLS) does not, cannot and should not be perceived as giving legal, structuring or financial advice.
- Information on all aspects of professional conduct and ethics including conflicts, client capacity, confidentiality and privilege, duties to the court, liens, costs, cybersecurity and more.
- QLS has comprehensive online resources for ethical guidance and practice support related issues. Should you wish to seek confidential ethical guidance, please contact the QLS Ethics and Practice Centre on 07 3842 5843 or email on email@example.com .
Legal Assistance about LSC Complaints
Solicitors who have the benefit of Lexon Professional Indemnity Insurance are eligible for legal assistance in answering complaints made to the Legal Services Commission or its equivalent in any state. For details contact Lexon on 07 3007 1266.
- QLS provides a number of complimentary resources and services to support the day-to-day operation of a law practice
- The Practice Support Consultancy Service is a complimentary service for newly established practices across Queensland. Our solicitors can come and meet with you to discuss matter management, costs disclosure, client agreements and practice management issues. For further information contact QLS Ethics and Practice Centre on 07 3842 5843 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org .
Practising certificates and regulatory guidance
QLS Senior Counsellors
QLS Senior Counsellors are available to provide guidance to a practitioner on any professional or ethical problem. All communication between a practitioner and a QLS Senior Counsellor is confidential.
Risk management (Lexon Insurance)
- Lexon Insurance provides advice on risk management arrangements, queries in relation to your professional indemnity coverage or to notify or seek guidance on risks.
- Call 07 3007 1266 or email email@example.com for more information.
Solicitor Assist (Queensland Law Foundation)
The Solicitor Assist program provides free legal advice funded by the Queensland Law Foundation and is supported, but independent to QLS.
Call Queensland Law Foundation on 07 3236 1249 for more information.