You can visit your free member library—the Supreme Court Library Queensland (SCLQ)—in person at the Supreme Court in Brisbane’s CBD, as well as in selected regional locations. Visit the library website (www.sclqld.org.au/about-us/contact-us/) for a complete list of locations.
Queensland Law Society member benefits include:
- up to 30 minutes free research assistance a day
- up to 10 free documents supplied a day
- after hours library access (when registered)
- remote access to a selection of free online resources
- onsite access to our comprehensive range of online subscription services.
Virtual Legal Library (VLL)
SCLQ has negotiated with several major legal publishers to expand the range of online legal resources to be made available remotely at no cost to sole practitioners or micro firms (five or fewer practising certificates) through the Virtual Legal Library (VLL).
These resources from leading publishers LexisNexis, Thomson Reuters, Oxford University Press, Federation Press and CCH, span civil, criminal and family law, and include core commentary services, law reports, textbooks and journals.
Among the many titles available in VLL are Australian Criminal Reports, Australian Corporation Law, Australian Family Law, Carter's Criminal Law Queensland, Civil Procedure Queensland, Commonwealth Law Reports, Expert Evidence, and Motor Vehicle Law Queensland.
For further information on VLL including eligibility and support, please visit the library website (sclqld.org.au/vll).
View the full list of VLL resources
Online catalogue and requests
You can submit requests for document delivery or research by completing the online form:
- Document delivery: requests for documents where specific citation information is provided.
- Research request: general legal research and searches.
The library is a highly-valued resource for QLS Members conveniently located in the Brisbane CBD. But there is often no need to visit the library in person, as members can search the catalogue and submit requests directly from this part of the QLS website.