Practice Management Course
Our three day, face-to-face, intensive Practice Management Course (PMC) is an investment in your future. The focus of the PMC is to successfully transition you from employed solicitor to principal, prepare you for entering a partnership, starting your own firm as a sole practitioner or becoming an ILP Legal Practitioner Director. Completion of the PMC is a requirement for all practitioners who wish to obtain a Principal Practising Certificate.
Why do the PMC with QLS?
- 4.5 star delegate rated in 2018 - due to excellent course content and outstanding presenters.
- Access to experts on trust accounting, ethics and risk management - practical learning delivered by QLS in-house subject matter experts from the Trust Account Investigation Team and QLS Ethics and Practice Centre. Their content will strengthen your skills enabling you to transition from solicitor to principal seamlessly.
- Superior ongoing support - members who have completed the QLS PMC can access ongoing professional support through our Practice Support and Trust Account Consultancies.
- Exclusive session on wellbeing and resilience in the legal profession - designed by QLS’s Wellbeing Working Group to reduce mental health issues in the legal profession by increasing the skillsets of leaders to promote wellbeing and resilience in the workplace.
- Leadership and personality profiling—internationally recognised Hogan Personality Inventory is covered in detail, which reviews individual leadership styles and development opportunities. You’ll graduate equipped with the communication tools to effectively manage staff and clients.
- Interactive sessions tailored to varying practice sizes and structures—in this instance, size does matter and so we’ve tailored our content to your needs. We run sessions focused on sole practitioner to small practitioners and small practices, as well as medium and large practices.
- Regional discount - to offset travel costs for regional members, we offer a discount of up to $700
To express your interest in registering for courses after August 2019, contact Events Management on 07 3842 5806 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will notify you when registrations open. For any queries please refer to our FAQ page.