Why become an Accredited Specialist?
Gaining specialist accreditation is a significant achievement both personally and professionally.
Becoming an Accredited Specialist:
- acknowledges your high level of practical skill and knowledge in your area of expertise amongst your peers, the judiciary and the public
- entitles you to inclusion in the Queensland Law Society “Find an Accredited Specialist” online referral list
- entitles you to use the Specialist Accreditation Logo and post-nominals (Acc. Spec.)
- opportunities to be consulted regarding program development or be given the opportunity to accrue CPD points through presentations.
Beyond these benefits, practitioners who undertake the specialist accreditation assessment will earn 10 CPD points* during that year – regardless of whether they achieve accreditation.
* comprised of eight general CPD points and one CPD point in each of the core areas of Practical Legal Ethics and Professional Skills.