Help, services and support | Factsheets and videos | Studies and publications | Blogs
Help, services and support
Take a look at a range of resources including self-assessment tools, professional support and stress management techniques to support your own resilience and wellbeing. If you believe you may be suffering from a mental health concern, seek help.
- Seek help through Lifeline: Crisis counselling, depression and anxiety support, stress management strategies and self-help tools.
- beyondblue: the national depression initiative: Check signs and symptoms and get information to help yourself or others.
- Black Dog Institute: How to seek help for mood disorders, self-assessment tools and additional guidance and research.
- RUOK?: Find help in a crisis.
- RUOK?: Every day resources to keep the message alive in the workplace.
- Moodgym: interactive web program designed to prevent and decrease depressive symptoms.
- Authentic Happiness: Free resources for latest theory and initiatives in positive psychology.
- The Desk: Support, tools and advice for tertiary students in the areas of mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- The Resilient Lawyer: A manual for staying well @ work
- Wellbeing at the Bar: Information packs on common problems you may need help with (eg perfectionism, excessive workload, vicarious trauma, self-harm etc) and practical tips how you can help a colleague.
- Wellbeing and resilience guide: A guide to looking after yourself in the law.
- Wellbeing and resilience online program: A complimentary 1.5 hour online program on mental illness in the legal profession including causes, symptoms, prevention strategies, treatment options and testimonials.
- QLS Workplace Wellness Policy
- QLS Ethics and Practice Centre website page: Aims to equip lawyers with the information and the tools needed to act ethically at all times, while also providing the community with an insight into legal ethics.
- QLS Ethics Centre hotline: Providing legal ethics, practice support guidance and education to QLS members. Call 07 3842 5843 or email email@example.com
- QLS Senior Counsellors: Experienced practitioners who provide guidance to a practitioner on any professional or ethical problem (QLS members only).
Factsheets and videos
Queensland Law Society acknowledges the contributions and funding of the Professional Standards Councils to deliver this project. These videos and factsheets will help you, your staff and co-workers successfully navigate modern legal life.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments on the resources listed in this section please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Studies and publications