New Withholding Tax Regime for Australian Property
5 July 2016, Law Society House, Brisbane
12.30pm – 1.30pm
Are you aware of the new obligations imposed on buyers under the Tax and Superannuation Laws Amendment (2015 Measures No 6) Act 2016 that comes into effect on 1 July 2016?
Key issues to be covered:
- overview of the new foreign resident capital gains withholding payments scheme
- the process for obtaining a clearance certificate or variation notice
- how and when to account to the ATO for the withholding tax
- risks for the parties in the event of non-compliance
- changes to the REIQ contract
- the position of mortgagees and receivers
- Professor Sharon Christensen, Queensland University of Technology and member of the Queensland Law Society Property and Development Law Committee
- Matthew Raven, Gadens and Chair of the Queensland Law Society Property and Development Law Committee.
For more information or to register now, click here.