Solicitor Advocate Course
Increase your skill base for advocacy work in courts and tribunals, at an intensive advocacy workshop.
As an ever-increasing share of advocacy in Queensland is undertaken by solicitors, clients and employers are looking for candidates with a skill-set that includes the ability to run matters personally, in courts and tribunals. Whether you are an early career lawyer looking to bolster your employability, a solicitor transitioning to back-end work or looking to start your own practice, strong advocacy skills are a must. The ability to conference with and prepare clients, examine and cross-examine witnesses and deliver persuasive submissions will be essential to the solicitors of the future.
To enhance your ability to deliver personalised and effective advocacy and give you the edge in court, the QLS Ethics and Practice Centre have partnered with the Australian Advocacy Institute to offer an intensive course covering these essential skills, to be held at the Brisbane Magistrates Court.
Disciplines covered by the workshop include:
- presenting applications and injunctions
- development of case theory
- preparing and delivering effective examination and cross-examination
- preparing and delivering logical and persuasive opening and closing submissions
- communication in the courtroom
- advocating in an ethical way
The workshop will provide the opportunity to practise these skills in a real court setting and under the guidance of expert instructors including judges and experienced advocates.
- Solicitor Advocate Course: Foundations | 10 - 11 May. Registrations now closed.
- Solicitor Advocate Course: Foundations | 21 - 22 June (Cairns). Register here.
- Solicitor Advocate Course: Building on foundations | 30 - 31 August (Brisbane). Register here.
- Solicitor Advocate Course: Advanced - cross examination and argument | 29 - 30 November (Brisbane)
Please contact Events Management on 07 3842 5806 or email@example.com
to be added to the waitlist.