Recognises outstanding solicitors working in private practice, who are high-performing practitioners with outstanding leadership attributes.
The award seeks to acknowledge the contribution of a Queensland solicitor who has displayed an exceptional aptitude for the practice of law and has actively contributed to the profession in a meaningful and impactful way.
Performance (marked out of 10)
The nominee has demonstrated an outstanding level of performance at work over the past 12 months in a manner that sets them apart from other lawyers of similar experience.
Leadership (marked out of 10)
The nominee shows outstanding leadership and high achievement in a field of legal endeavour that benefits the profession and/or community.
Personal and professional contribution (marked out of 10)
The nominee demonstrates a personal and professional contribution to community access to justice that has great impact and benefit, in addition to their usual responsibilities.
Professional commitment beyond the call of duty (marked out of 10)
The nominee shows attributes of a true leader evidenced by their vision, adaptability and commitment to enhancing the reputation of the profession within the community.
- Nominee must be nominated (no self-nominations) and:
- be an individual (organisations can nominate an individual)
- hold a current practising certificate issued by QLS
- be a full member of QLS
- be Queensland-based.
- Nominees must be of good character. Nominations are reviewed by Queensland Law Society's regulation division and the QLS Ethics and Practice Centre. The due diligence will include (but is not limited to) legal review of the nominee's disciplinary history.
- The nominee has not previously won this award.
Practice Size Categories
- Small Firm is defined as firms and organisations with between 2-19 PC holders
- Judging panel members
- Queensland Law Society Council members or employees are not eligible for nomination.
- Teams or firms are not eligible. This award is open to individuals only.