LawCare is an exclusive QLS member benefit that provides confidential, personal and professional support. It is easy to access, complimentary and available to you, your staff, and your immediate family members. It’s designed to be your partner in health and wellbeing, and can support your entire journey to work/life balance.
Most people experience a problem at some point in their lives, which may have an impact on their work. It is important to seek help before the problem escalates and leads to more serious issues and concerns.
LawCare can help you to:
- proactively manage your health and wellbeing
- clarify a problem and identify options
- develop plans to manage issues and challenges in a constructive way
- support your family, friends and colleagues in times of need.
All LawCare consultations are strictly confidential. Information about you is not shared with anyone unless authorised to do so by you in writing, or if required under law.
What are the LawCare services?
All services are provided by an independent organisation called Converge International. Their counsellors are qualified, experienced professionals who have extensive training and experience in counselling, coaching and workplace consulting.
LawCare services include:
- Career Assist - career development planning, resume and job seeking assistance, interview skills and vocational counselling.
- Conflict Assist - strategies, tools and coaching to deal with difficult workplace and personal situations.
- Employee Assist - solution focused coaching, mentoring and counselling to achieve success. Help to proactively deal with a broad range of personal and work related issues.
- Family Assist - offering counselling for family members needing support for personal and/or lifestyle concerns.
- Manager Assist - coaching and advice to assist managers and supervisors dealing with a variety of difficult or complex people issues. Or for those looking to develop their leadership competencies.
- Money Assist - access to financial experts who provide money management coaching to help with financial concerns.
- Nutrition and Lifestyle Assist - specialist advice across nutrition, sleep, resilience, mindfulness, addictive behaviours, retirement planning and positive lifestyle changes.
- Online portal - an online portal and mobile app provides access to health and wellbeing resources including self-assessment tools, videos and podcasts, online counselling and support.
QLS members can access LawCare by telephone, face-to-face, video counselling or live chat by visiting the online portal. The toll free number is 1800 177 743. Online portal access details are available at qls.com.au/LawCare
QLS members can access the online portal and download a mobile app, EAP connect, to access health and wellbeing resources including self-assessment tools, videos and podcasts, online counselling and support.
Specialist phone helplines
We understand that people face many challenges in their lives and that sometimes these require specialised support. We believe the counsellors providing this support should be specialists with specific social or cultural experience, knowledge and understanding. LawCare offers access to one session of specialist support (available during business hours only).