Queensland Law Society full members have complimentary access to online research and access to the Supreme Court Library Queensland's (SCLQ) resources and support services via the QLS website.
You can visit your free member library—the Supreme Court Library Queensland (SCLQ)—in person at the Supreme Court in Brisbane’s CBD, as well as in selected regional locations.
Queensland Law Society full member benefits include:
- up to 30 minutes free research assistance a day
- up to 10 free documents supplied a day
- after hours library access (when registered)
- remote access to a selection of free online resources
- onsite access to our comprehensive range of online subscription services.
Virtual Legal Library (VLL)
SCLQ has negotiated with several major legal publishers to expand the range of online legal resources to be made available remotely at no cost to sole practitioners or micro firms (5 or fewer practising certificates) through the Virtual Legal Library (VLL).
These resources from leading publishers LexisNexis, Thomson Reuters, Oxford University Press, Federation Press and CCH, span civil, criminal and family law, and include core commentary services, law reports, textbooks and journals.
Among the many titles available in VLL are Australian Criminal Reports, Australian Corporation Law, Australian Family Law, Carter's Criminal Law Queensland, Civil Procedure Queensland, Commonwealth Law Reports, Expert Evidence, and Motor Vehicle Law Queensland.
For further information on VLL including eligibility and support, visit the library website.
You need to be a Queensland Law Society full member to access some of these services.
If you are not already a QLS member, you can become a member now to benefit from this free service.
Supreme Court of Queensland Library - Fair Usage Policy for QLS Full Members
The following fair usage policy applies to the free document delivery service for QLS full members:
- no more than 10 documents supplied per member per day
- search time is limited to 30 minutes investigation per day
- for research requests (defined as those requests requiring more than 30 minutes of investigation time), contact the Library on +61 7 3247 4373.
The library is a highly-valued resource for QLS full members conveniently located in the Brisbane CBD. There is no need to visit the library in person, as members can search the catalogue and submit requests for document delivery or research by completing the online form:
- Document delivery: requests for documents where specific citation information is provided.
- Research request: general legal research and searches.
If you have any issues with using this service, please contact the Supreme Court Library.