Recognises an outstanding in-house counsel that are high-performing practitioners with outstanding leadership attributes, commitment to the profession and their organisation.
The award seeks to acknowledge the contribution of an in-house lawyer who has displayed an exceptional aptitude for the practice of law and has actively contributed to the profession in a meaningful and impactful way.
Performance (marked out of 10)
The nominee has demonstrated an outstanding level of performance at work over the past 12 months in a manner that sets them apart from other lawyers in a similar role.
Leadership (marked out of 10)
The nominee shows outstanding leadership and high achievement in a field of legal endeavour that benefits the profession and/or the industry they are involved in.
Professional commitment beyond the call of duty (marked out of 10)
The nominee shows attributes of a leader evidenced by their vision, adaptability and commitment to enhancing the reputation of the profession, their organisation and the industry they represent.
- Nominee must be nominated (no self-nominations) and:
- be an individual (organisations can nominate an individual)
- hold a current practising certificate issued by QLS
- be a full member of QLS
- be Queensland-based.
- Nominees must be of good character. Nominations are reviewed by Queensland Law Society's regulation division and the QLS Ethics and Practice Centre. The due diligence will include (but is not limited to) legal review of the nominee's disciplinary history.
- The nominee has not previously won this award.
- Judging panel members.
- Queensland Law Society Council members or employees are not eligible for nomination.
- Teams or firms are not eligible. This award is open to individuals only.
Thursday 20 April Nominations open
Thursday 1 June Nominations close
Wednesday 5 July Finalists announced
Saturday 5 August Winners announced