Queensland Law Society represents over 13,000 solicitors across the state and is the peak professional membership body for solicitors. We advocate for good law and support good lawyers in Queensland.
On behalf of the Queensland legal profession, Queensland Law Society is calling on Queensland’s political parties in 2020 to consider and respond to priority issues identified by our members.
View the responses from the 2020 political parties
- Micro economic reforms – supporting Queensland businesses, not for profit organisations and individuals
- Advancing the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- Responding to domestic and family violence in our community
- Supporting older and vulnerable Queenslanders
- Child protection and youth justice
- Sustainability, climate and disaster response
- Responding to the legal needs of the community – ensuring justice for all Queenslanders
- Criminal law reform
- Supporting legal practices as essential community infrastructure
- Maintaining the right to fair injury compensation for all Queenslanders
- Judicial commission
- Better resourcing for the justice system in Queensland – court resources and dispute resolution
- Making better laws and good policy
Download the 2020 Call to Parties Statement.
How to get involved
Members interested in these issues are encouraged to contact their local State member.
We welcome your comments and feedback to QLS Legal Policy, firstname.lastname@example.org.