2019 Queensland Law Society Council election
Voting has now closed. To see the outcome of the 2019 QLS election, please click here.
Queensland Law Society (QLS) is committed to supporting good law, good lawyers for the public good. QLS Council is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the Society.
The QLS Council is elected every two years. All full members of QLS who are on the Roll of Electors are eligible to nominate and vote in the QLS Council election. Not sure what you should know about the 2019 QLS Council election? Click here to find out.
- Close of the Roll of Electors: 9am AEST Monday 9 September 2019
- Notice of Election: Monday 9 September 2019
- Nominations open: Monday 9 September 2019
- Nominations close: 4pm AEST Tuesday 24 September 2019
- Eligible Nominees published in order of date received: From Monday 9 September 2019
- Eligible Nominees’ campaign period begins: From Monday 9 September 2019
- Voting opens: Wednesday 9 October 2019
- Voting closes: 4pm AEST Thursday 24 October 2019
- Results announced: From Friday 25 October 2019
Nominating in our 2019 Council election is your opportunity to be part of something bigger—to make a difference in your profession and community in advancing good law, good lawyers for the public good. If elected, you play a critical role in leadership, governance and strategy, ensuring the profession benefits from leadership that understands the changing dynamic of practice and the role QLS plays in supporting members of the profession.
You can also build your professional profile by nominating for a position on QLS Council. QLS Councillors gain a unique insight into the profession as well as the workings and many service offerings of QLS as a membership and statutory body. Being a QLS Councillor also allows you to participate in high profile events and forums which can extend your reputation and influence.
QLS Councillors champion the profession through their experience and understanding of the issues and opportunities members face in daily practice. Placing trusted advisors at the helm of Queensland Law Society strengthens the future of our profession.
The 2019 QLS Council election is your chance to directly influence that future - your voice makes a difference.
Looking for more information?
For more information on the Roll of Electors, nominations, voting or the election announcement, contact: