Resolving a complaint

What to do if you have concerns about your solicitor

If you have questions or concerns regarding your solicitor’s service, there is a recommended process for you to follow.

  1. It is recommended you first contact the law firm as this will often resolve the issue.
  2. If you are not happy with the response of the firm to your concerns, you can contact the Legal Services Commission (LSC) for assistance. The LSC is responsible for the receipt and investigation of complaints regarding solicitors’ services. While they cannot give legal advice, the commission can help you understand the issues involved and talk to the solicitor to try to resolve the dispute.
  3. If this does not alleviate the issue, the next step is to lodge a complaint with the LSC. Complaints must be lodged in writing on the form available on the Legal Services Commission website.